Our Mission Statement can be accessed in PDF format from the following link:
The RVRA 2016 Mission Statement
Our Constitution can be accessed in PDF format from the following link:
The RVRA 2017 Constitution
Our By-Laws can be accessed in PDF format from the following link:
The RVRA 2017 By-Laws
The Retirement Village Resident Association (Inc.), NSW was founded in about 1994.
The objects of the Association are stated in the Constitution. Our association strives to:
- Assist residents to understand their rights and obligations.
- Defend and extend the rights of residents in Retirement Villages.
- Encourage residents to exercise their rights, and participate in the decision- making processes affecting their lives.
- Assist residents to develop an effective Residents Committee.
- Offer information and advice to intending residents and their families.
- Promote positive relationships between residents and management.
The affairs of the association are managed by a Management Committee consisting of:
and 8 members.
The Committee meets every month. All Committee members are residents of retirement villages or associate members and are dedicated to ensuring they achieve the objectives and aims of the Association.
Committee members work voluntarily in the interests of their fellow residents. Correspondence should be addressed to:
The Secretary, RVRA NSW
PO Box 3349
ASQUITH NSW 2077
The RVRA Committee has vacancies from time to time and would welcome expressions of interest from any retirement village resident who would like to work for their fellow residents. Please contact the RVRA at the above address or as indicated on the CONTACT US page.
The Office of Fair Trading recognises the Association and the two Industry Groups listed under LINKS as peak councils representing their respective members.
RVRA cooperates with:
- The Minister for Fair Trading’s Retirement Village Advisory Council (RVAC)
- Council of the Ageing (COTA)
- Seniors Rights Service (SRS)
- The Australian Consumers Association (ACA)
- The Combined Pensioners and Superannuates Association (CPSA)
- NSW Council of Social Services (NCOSS)
- The Retirement Villages Forum of the CTTT
- The Retirement Villages Association (RVA) and
- The Aged and Community Services Association of NSW and ACT (ACS) Operator Groups
- The Australian Retirement Village Residents Association (ARVRA)
The constitution and By-Laws were approved at the Special General Meeting in February 2012 and are available via the links above.
Please Note: The RVRA has no paid full time staff (only limited clerical assistance). Correspondence, emails and phone calls will be attended to ASAP by one of the Members of the voluntary Management Committee.
The PDF files require Adobe Reader, available at: https://get.adobe.com/reader/